Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Learning English with “Misterduncan”

Please check out this hilarious ESL video that I came across on YouTube while searching for some “good” ESL videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjvN6FTtB60&feature=channel

So I’m going to evaluate this video from the point of view of a student:

First of all, I would say that although the instructor’s tone and body language were very odd and sarcastic, his unconventional way of presenting his lesson has actually attracted my attention and made me want to continue watching his lesson. As an ESL speaker, I liked the fact that his speech was transcribed in the screen, which would assist the overall comprehension. Misterduncan’s introduction about slang was good as he presented some useful information about slang language. I also liked that he introduced slang in both British and American English. However, the amount of new words presented was overwhelming, and he did not leave much room for practicing the new vocabulary. As a student I prefer chucking these new vocabulary into more than one video and giving me some space to practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment