Wednesday, February 3, 2010

English with Jennifer

Please check out this ESL vocabulary expressions video lesson inspired by Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, provided by the English instructor, materials writer and consultant “Jennifer ESL”.

http://www.youtube.com/user/JenniferESL?blend=2&ob=1#p/u/10/lc8gLJWZS3o

So I’m going to evaluate this lesson from the point of view of an instructor:

First of all, I liked how the presenter linked the new vocabulary to her hometown and that she introduced them in an authentic thematic way. I also liked the fact that this video was recorded in an unconventional setting that actually reflects the topic that the lesson was inspired from. However, the background noise of the street seemed a little distracting to me.
Unlike the rest of the video presenters, I liked the fact that her tone, pace and body language were natural. I also appreciate the fact that she did not overwhelm her students with a huge amount of new vocabulary, but I think that this 8 minutes video could’ve introduced a little more expressions than the few ones presented by the instructor. Overall I think that this was a successful video as it provided students with a plenty of room for practicing the new expressions and most importantly for providing students as well as teachers with a list of references to consult at the end of the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment