Thursday, April 22, 2010

CALL Experience

The CALL class had a very positive influence on my perspectives on teaching ESL/EFL courses because it introduced me to a variety of CALL tools that I found very beneficial to use in my future classes. My favorite CALL tool is blogs and the main reason behind choosing this CALL tool is that I personally had the opportunity to use it on a weekly basis through this semester and witness its advantages. As a non-native speaker of English, I personally think that over the course of this semester, my writing anxiety has been reduced because of my frequent posts on blogs. Hence, I believe that encouraging students to use blogs can be very fruitful not only for improving their writing and reading skills, but also for giving them the opportunity to expand their audience and enter the world of blogging. So, I will definitely incorporate blogs in my future writing classes and I will always remember these lovely blogs we used to share in the CALL class.

2 comments:

  1. Hanan,

    I feel the same about the "writing anxiety" that you pointed out. As a non native speaker myself I feel that I became more comfortable with writing and sharing my points with others.

    I also agree that blogging apart from serving linguistic needs such as the need for reading and writing improvement, open up a window to a world of information and ideas sharing on a variety of topics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you Maria. Nowadays people exchange information on the web using blogs as well as micro-blogs like twitter for example.

    ReplyDelete