Thursday, April 1, 2010

E-Journaling

In the article "A Web-Based Approach to Strategic Learning of Speech Acts" the authors documented how E-journaling can be effective in helping students improve their pragmatic skills of speech acts.

I think that e-journaling can be useful in an ESL setting. My favorite type of E-journaling is blogs. Based on my experience in the CALL class and specifically in creating blogs on a weekly basis, I really think that blogs can be very useful for ESL students. They can learn from each other’s ideas and feedbacks, and they can also share their opinions with the rest of the world, as it is not restricted to the classroom. I think that ESL instructors should incorporate blogs in their syllabi and encourage their students to use them in their classrooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment