Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Wikis

I personally support using Wikis in ESl/EFL classrooms and I think that it’s a great CALL tool that can help students collaborate and work together at a distance. I can totally see myself using it especially in my future writing classes because I believe that it will create a useful learning opportunity for my students.

I think that teachers should not assume that students have the same computer literacy and should spend some time teaching students how to use this tool. I think that this is going to be a great investment that will pay off later when students benefit from this tool and start using it efficiently.

My main concern about Wikis is that students may get intimidated if any of their group members edited or deleted their parts. Another problem is that students may make some unnecessary changes that other group members may not approve. So, teachers should encourage students to be accepting of other students’ participations and guide them in using this collaborative tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment