Tuesday, January 12, 2010

CALL Experience

My very first CALL experience was in one of the courses I took in the MA in Applied Linguistics program entitled "Curriculum Development and Materials Design".This course gave me the opprtunity to learn and use some good CALL tools like Jing, deliscious and webquest. In the following semester, I fortunately got the chance to teach as an intern in a smart classroom at Columbia College Chicago where I was able to utilize some of those CALL tools as well as being able to teach using some other really good ESL websites .
The question that I would post is: do you think that ESL students actually need CALL materials or it just makes your job as a teacher better and easier?

1 comment:

  1. I think that if the students are computer-savvy and you have access to computers in the classroom, then using CALL activities can be great for supplementing the course materials. I don't believe that students actually need to have CALL materials, but if it makes sense to use them in a particular class, it could be enriching and enjoyable for the students.

    ReplyDelete